This is a reprint of a CLASSIC HOG Safety Article from 2009
Howdy to All: Well it’s my favorite time of year for riding. The weather gets cool enough in the morning and the evenings to wear a jacket comfortably. My Scooter runs great and sounds even better. How so ever, there are a few things we need to watch out for…..as if we didn’t have enough all ready.
Harvest season and hunting season will get all the beasties up and running. Deer, turkeys, geese, pheasants and all kinds of small ground hugging critters will be on the road or crossing it. Some will not make it across and will have passed on to wherever critters pass too. Remember, if you could eat it in one meal you can probably drive over it. Spot what it is you need to avoid and then look where you want to go….NOT at the object you want to avoid. When you see those deer crossing signs slow up, keep your right hand resting on the break lever and look everywhere. They put those signs up where the most carcasses are counted but critters can be anywhere.
Another critter to watch out for this time of year is the football fan, both in town and on the highways. We know they migrate from all over. Their main concern is for the game and not you on your scooter. However when there is a game; Going too or Coming from, Win or Loose, their concentration could be even worse. Fans are often Happy, Celebrating a little too much, Sad or Depressed. The medicine is the same for each, but the attitude is worse for the latter.
Remember, ride with a good attitude and watch out for those darn cars!!
John Thompson aka Mr. Lucky
- Wednesday October 14th Frontier HD's 110 Workshop. 6pm Go BIG or Go Home !!!
- Sunday October 25th A Nice Day Ride. Meet at Frontier HD at Noon. Details as they become available.
- Saturday October 31st 9AM Officer's meeting in the HOG Pen
- Saturday October 31st 10AM to 2PM HOG Club Membership Event at Frontier H-D
- Tuesday November 3rd Chapter Meeting and Roundup. Social and Dinner at 5:30, Meeting at 6:30. Grub is prepared by the World Famous Iron Slobs, and it is only $7 a person. The Best Buy In The WHOLE DANG STATE!!!
- Saturday December 12th Christmas Pot Luck Party in the HOG Pen and December Meeting. Officers to bring Deserts.
- Saturday January 16th 5:30pm in the HOG Pen. Annual CHILI CookOff. It will be a HOT Time !!!! Don't Miss IT !!!!
MEMBERS TO DO LIST....
Renew Your 2015 Chapter Dues NOW! Don't miss the many opportunities come with being a member, and its still only $20 BUCKS cheap! click "Printable Membership-form" Bring or Mail to: Frontier H-D, Attn: H.O.G. 205 NW. 40th Street Lincoln, NE. 68528. Second Membership ID Card Available for only $5.00. Only One Name per Membership Application.
CLICK HERE to Submit your photos through email